- 420gms butter
- 210gms icing sugar
- 470gms corn flour
- 140gms flour
- 2ml vanilla essence
- 1gm salt
- 500gms raspberry jam
- Beat the butter and icing sugar and add vanilla essence to it.
- Mix flour, corn flour and salt together and fold with butter mix.
- Put it in freezer for two hours.
- Take out from freezer and roll into 2mm thickness (approx) and cut in heart shape.
- Now put it in a tray and cut another heart shape inside the bigger one so that the cookies become hollow. So one piece is hollow and other is solid.
- Now bake at 174°C for 15-20 minutes until golden brown colour.
- Cool down and then cook the raspberry jam and pour inside the hollow part of cookie (which is placed on solid heart shaped cookie). Now cool down and sprinkle with little icing sugar into the periphery without touching the jam.
Serve in a cold plate. Enjoy!
By Chef Devender Bungla
Corporate Pastry Chef,
Hyatt Regency Delhi