- Biscuit crumbs: 7 no.
- Cream cheese: 450 gms
- Fresh raspberries: 1½ kg
- Cinnamon powder: ¼ tsp
- Butter: 4 tbsp.
- Whipped cream : ½ cup
- Confectionery sugar: ¾ cup
- Vanilla essence Few drops
- Unflavored gelatin: 1 sheet
- Brown sugar:2 tbsp.
- Grind biscuits, add butter, brown sugar and mix it well.
- Take an 8 inch pan and layer this mixture evenly on to the bottom and sides of the pan. Rest it for ½ an hour and then bake for 5 min, till crusty.
- Take half of the raspberries in a pan with ¼ cup sugar and 2 tbsp water and cook till raspberries are quite soft.
- Remove from heat and blend it to form a puree, again put it over slow flame, by the time add water to the gelatin sheet and let it rest for a few min. Later add gelatin to the raspberry puree until dissolved. Remove it
- In a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar on medium-low speed with the paddle attachment until smooth. Add the vanilla extract. Add the raspberry topping, except the 3/4 cup you have reserved for the top layer.
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until medium peaks. Gently fold the whipped cream into the raspberry cheesecake batter just until it is all combined.
- Pour this mixture into the crust pan and topped with topping and set it in refrigerator for 3-4 hrs or until set.
- Remove it from pan and serve it with some topped fresh raspberries.
- Also use little desiccated coconut for the flavor.
Chef Ashish Rai
Barbeque Nation Hospitality Ltd.