- Besan – 250 gm
- Chopped fresh coriander – 3/4 cup
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
- Green chillies,chopped – 1 tsp
- Roasted sesame seeds – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
- A pinch of asfoetida
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Mix coriander leaves, chickpea flour, turmeric, green chilli
chopped, garam masala, asfoetida, rice flour, salt, sesame seeds
and oil in a mixing bowl.
- Add water to make a very soft dough, shape in cylinders and
steam for 12-14 minutes on low flame intensity. Insert a knife
into the steamed dough and if it comes out clean, then it is
cooked. Let it cool to room temperature.
- Cut into square pieces and shallow fry them till golden brown
and crisp on both sides.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.
By Chef Gautam Mehrishi
Sun and Sand Hotel, Mumbai