- 200gm quick cooking oats
- 200gm amaranth flour (ramdana flour)
- 180gm butter (salted)
- 225gm jaggery
- 45gm fresh ginger root
- Mince the ginger finely, keep aside.
- Run the oats along with the minced ginger in the food processor or mixie jar so it gets powdered nicely. Cut the cold refrigerated butter in Gluten free ginger and jaggery energy bars small cubes and tip them all the the food processor and let it all make a dough.
- Add the amaranth flour and mix once again. Now add 2 tbsp water (not a single drop more than this) and run the food processor once again to bring the flours together like dough.
- Preheat oven at 170 °C, Line a baking tray (12”x10”) with silpat or greased parchment paper,, dump the dough over it and pat it into a thin sheet of even thickness Use a spatula if required, fill in the corners well and smoothen the surface nicely.
- Mark the bars using a sharp knife, taking care not to go deep as silpat may get damaged.
- Bake for 25 minutes and leave the tray inside the oven for 10 minutes more. Invert it over a large chopping board or a smooth surface. Let it cool for 10 minutes and cut the bars using a sharp knife over the markings.
Cool completely over wire rack and store in airtight container.
The writer is a renowned nutrition consultant an trainer.