- Urad dal – 200 gm
- Salt – to taste
- Raisins – 25-30
- Cashews – 15 (chopped)
- Oil – for frying
- Curd – 800 gm
- Coriander mint chutney -1 small bowl
- Tamarind chutney – 1 small bowl
- Wash the pulses and soak it for 4-5 hours or for overnight.
- Now strain the excess water from the pulses and put it into the mixer.
- Make a thick paste from the pulses without adding
water in it.
- If required, add a little gram flour to adjust the
- Take out the pulses paste in a bowl and knead with
hands. Mix the nuts together.
- Heat oil in a pan. Take the batter in the size of a ball in
wet hands, spread and fill the nuts inside.
- Then fold in the shape of a half moon and deep fry until
they turn brown from both the sides.
- Then dip in water and salt solution for 10/15 minutes.
Take it out from the vessel and press with hands to
strain water from it.
- Strain water from the curd with the help of a strainer.
Whisk the curd and add salt to it.
- Dip each gujiya into the curd and place on a serving
- Garnish with roasted cumin seeds powder, red chilli
powder and chat masala and with the chutneys and sev.
By Chef Gautam Mehrishi
Sun and Sand Hotel, Mumbai