Dabba Gosht is a delicious, melt-inthe mouth boneless mutton delicacy that is difficult to resist once you have tasted it. Try out this succulent dish to know what it actually is all about.
- 1/2kg boneless mutton pieces
- 100gm boiled macaroni
- 4 eggs – 3 raw and 1 hard boiled
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- 1 capsicum, cut into thin pieces
- 3 green chillies
- 1tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- 2tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1tbsp chilli sauce
- 3tbsp ghee
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the white sauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2tbsp corn flour
- 1tbsp butter
- Boil the mutton with ginger garlic paste and very little water. Once the meat becomes tender, drain the stock and keep aside.
- Heat butter in a pan. Add corn flour without burning it. Then add cumin seeds and slowly pour milk. Make sure not to make any lumps. Now add capsicum and mix. Add the mutton stock and stir. Once a thick gravy forms, add the sauces, salt, pepper and coriander leaves. Add the boiled macaroni and mutton and mix.
- In a deep mould, pour some ghee. Put cellophane paper over it. Pour some ghee on the cellophane as well. Put the mutton in white sauce and sprinkle the hard-boiled eggs over it. Make a layer of tomatoes on top. Pour beaten eggs over this layer and then pour boiling ghee over it. Repeat the layer of beaten eggs and again top it with hot ghee.
- Heat the oven on 180 degrees and bake the mix for about 20 minutes.
The writer is an avid blogger who is based out of Delhi. She is trained filmmaker. Apart from these, she is an avid foodie too.