- Confectionery sugar ½ cup
- All-purpose flour 1½ cup
- Butter 1 cup
- Baking powder 5-6 gms.
- Dark chocolate compond ½ kg
- Butter 100 gm
- Eggs 1 no.
- Heavy cream ½ cup
- Suagr ¼ cup
- Chocolate essence Few drops
- Cocoa powder For garnish
- Icing sugar ( optional) For garnish
- In a food processor, combine the confectioners’ sugar, flour, and butter, and process until the mixture forms a ball. With your fingers, press the dough into a 12-inch tart pan with a removable bottom, taking care to push the crust into the indentations in the sides.
- Pat until the crust is even. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until very lightly browned. Set aside to cool.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth, then remove from heat and cool 5 minutes.
- Whisk together eggs, cream, sugar, salt, and vanilla in a bowl. Whisk chocolate mixture into egg mixture until combined well.
- Pour filling into cooled crust and rap pan once on counter to eliminate any air bubbles.
- Bake until filling 1 inch from edge is set and slightly puffed but center trembles slightly when pan is gently shaken, 20 to 25 minutes. (Center will continue to set as it cools.)
- Demould it. Cool tart completely and sprinkle cocoa powder over it.
Take a heart shape cutter and sprinkle icing sugar in the center of the tart.
Chef Ashish Rai
Barbeque Nation Hospitality Ltd.