Ingredients (for 4 servings)
- 500 gms chicken (boneless chicken, cut into small pieces)
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1-2 tsp turmeric powder
- 400 gms yogurt
- 20-30 curry leaves
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsps salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsps maida
- 2 tsps organic corn flour
- 10 green chilies (slit)
- 4 no.s lemon
- 250 ml refined oil
- Add eggs, pepper powder, gingergarlic paste, turmeric, corn flour and salt in a container.
- Add chicken and mix it well.
- Put refined oil into pan.
- Make small chicken pakoras and fry them.
- Take one more pan and add 1tsp of oil and heat it. Add green chillies, curry leaves, sauté and add pakoras into it.
- Add whipped up curd, lemon juice, pinch of orange or red food colour.
- Mix it gently as adding curd makes the pakoras soft and they tend to break if we don’t mix it properly.
- Cover the lid and simmer it for 10-15 minutes till the chicken absorbs the juices.
- Last, sprinkle the dish with finely chopped garlic and fresh coriander.
Recipe By K Sarita
The writer is the founder of Sarita’s Kitchen, a speciality South Indian delivery service in Delhi- NCR. She has worked extensively on redefining the Andhra cuisine by turning it around as a low- cal healthy cuisine.