Ingredients (yields 8 portions)
- 500ml thick coconut milk
- 12 no.s egg yolks
- 350gm refined flour
- 50gm unsalted butter (for brushing layers)
- 400gm breakfast sugar
- 2.5gm nutmeg powder (to sprinkle)
- 2.5gm caradamom powder (put in the mix)
- 5ml vanilla essence
For the caramel sauce
- 375gm breakfast sugar
- 90gm unsalted butter
- 125gm fresh cream
- 60ml honey
- 8 scoops tender coconut ice cream
- Preheat oven to 170ºC for exact 15 minutes. Before baking, grease a round tin or a loaf pan with butter.
- Take a mixing vessel, combine coconut milk and sugar, with the help of electric beater, beat until the sugar dissolves.
- Add one egg yolk at a time and beat until they all mix nicely.
- Now add flour, beat nicely.
- Divide the batter into two parts, one remains as it is and add caramel to the other part.
- Pour 100gm plain batter and bake for five minutes.
- Now spread some ghee over it with the help of a brush, sprinkle little nutmeg powder and pour the caramel flavoured mixture and bake again for five minutes.
- Continue greasing and baking with 1/2 cup batter until all the batter is finished, bake each layer for 5-6 mins.
- Allow to cool completely, unmold the pan gently with a tap from behind, slice bebinca and serve warm with a scoop of ice cream.
By Snigdha Bhowmick
Chef Surajbir Singh
Specialist Pastry Chef
Trainer, Under One Roof