• 250gms tempered fine
• 1.5gms wasabi powder
• 2.5ml water
• 90ml double cream
• 14gms invert sugar
• 105gms dark chocolate
(66% cocoa solids)
• 15gms unsalted butter
• 40ml apricot puree
• Mix together wasabi powder and water to make a paste. Put the cream and invert sugar in a sauce pan and bring to boil. Take off the heat and leave it to cool to 70 degree celsius.
• Blend a small amount of cream with the wasabi paste and mix to make a loose paste. Add it back to cream and add apricot puree and mix well.
• Melt the chocolate over a brain-marie and add the cooled cream to the chocolate. Continue to mix to form an emulsion. Add the butter and mix with a hand blender until fully incorporated.
• Pour the tempered chocolate into the polycarbonate mould. Once filled, mould the chocolate from the mould leaving the thinner coating of chocolate in the mould. Leave in the fridge for an hour.
• Fill the above ganache in the moulds and leave it in the fridge for half an hour.
• Fill the tempered chocolate again in the mould to cover the shells. Remove the excess chocolate. Leave in the fridge for 4 hours and de-mould after.
Chef Vivek Chauhan
The Imperial New Delhi